News & Events
View a photo gallery chronicling the progress made on Lincoln Hall’s renovation. See all renovation photos.
Watch our Lincoln Hall renovation series This Old Hall, and other tributes to Lincoln Hall. See all videos.
Watch the Lincoln Hall Rededication ceremony, held on February 12, 2013—exactly 100 years to the day of the original dedication.
Planners for the historic Lincoln Hall renovation knew they were aiming high when they set out to earn “gold” certification through the U.S. Green Building Council’s environmental sustainability standards. Not only did the project earn gold status, but it did one better.
Built into Lincoln Hall’s northeast side is a cornerstone, installed in 1910, filled with symbolic items from the time when the building opened. Find out the contents inside this hidden piece of history.
Lincoln Hall: A Gift for the Ages
The renovation of majestic Lincoln Hall, constructed a century ago on the U of I Quad, will modernize the facility but still retain much of its character. View a PDF of the article that appeared in the Spring 2011 issue of Illinois Alumni magazine.
View selected articles, videos, and photos highlighting the various stages of the Lincoln Hall renovation project in local and regional media. See Lincoln Hall in the news.
Lost and Found
This letter from 1913 was recently found in a chase (a space between the walls) on the first floor during Lincoln Hall's renovation. Although partly torn, it tells of the livelihood of raising chickens in the early 20th century and reveals a glimpse of an Urbana handyman. Read the letter.
LASNews Magazine Features
(Page-turning PDF version of stories)
Part 5 in an examination of the evolution of higher education since the construction of Lincoln Hall.
Part 4 in an examination of the evolution of higher education since the construction of Lincoln Hall.
Part 3 in an examination of the evolution of higher education since the construction of Lincoln Hall.
Part 2 in an examination of the evolution of higher education since the construction of Lincoln Hall.
The history of this campus landmark.