How to Participate
Here’s how you can help tell the University of Illinois story.
Sample Story Topics
Submit Your Story to Us
We encourage you to create your own U of I Storyography submission. It can be an audio clip, short video, photo, or letter. Please keep your submissions short! People will be more likely to listen, watch, or read it.
Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio: send an mp3 that is no longer than 3 minutes for our audio stories collection.
- Video: send a YouTube link that is no longer than 5 minutes.
- Photo: send a jpg or tif with a caption or brief story for our scrapbooks. Upload your image here.
- Lincoln Hall Memories, U of I Memories, and Essays: Share your memories of the classes, people, performances, or other ways your life intersected with campus.
Record Your Audio Story With Us
If you live in or near Champaign-Urbana or plan on visiting the campus, we can record your story here. Plan on bringing a partner who will interview you. If that’s not possible, we can conduct your interview. Storyography entries recorded by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will be preserved as part of the permanent archives in the University of Illinois Library.
Bring Storyography to Your Town
We would like to visit every region of Illinois to collect audio stories. For us to visit your town, you will need to do the following:
- Fill out this request form to bring Storyography to your town. Or contact us at (217) 333-7108.
- Organize a minimum of six to eight pairs or individual Storyography participants, ideally with a range of ages and experiences.
- Host the event in a quiet, public space (such as a library or church).
Priority will be given to those areas we have not yet visited and to groups that include a variety of ages among the participants.
For More Information
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Office of Advancement
2111 South Oak Street, Suite 100
Champaign, IL 61820
We reserve the right to reject all or part of a submission to Storyography if it’s determined to be but not limited to inflammatory, obscene, or abusive toward any group or individual.